The Volunteer declares that he/she desires to work as a volunteer for the Rescue and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer. The volunteer understands the activities may include, but may not be limited to, handling animals, attending adoption and fundraising events, sending mailers, participating in fundraising/food/supply drives, soliciting donations, transporting animals from one location to another (if of driving age and having a valid license) and other duties and activities as needs arise. The volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily and without duress executes this Release under the terms below:
1. Release and Waiver - The Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Rescue and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereinafter arise from Volunteer’s activities with Rescue.
2. Medical Treatment -The Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge the Rescue from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid , treatment, or service rendered in connection the Volunteer’s activities with the Rescue.
3. Assumption of Risk- The Volunteer understands that the activities include work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including but not limited to, handling frightened animals, cleaning feces, urine and vomit, moving cages and crates, bending, stooping, walking dogs, transporting, and other activities involved in the handling and care of animals. The Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the activities and releases the Rescue from all liability of injury, illness, death, or property damage or loss resulting from the activities directly or indirectly.
4. Photographic Release - The Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto the Rescue all right, title, and interest in any and all photographs, images, and video, audio recordings made by the Rescue during the Volunteer’s activities with the Rescue, including but not limited to any royalties, donations, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings. The Volunteer further permits the Rescue to publish said images, recordings, and videos, at will on the website and in other media for advertising and other use as the Rescue deems appropriate.
5. If the Volunteer will be driving a vehicle during their volunteer role for CCR, the Volunteer will have a valid drivers license and the vehicle will be properly insured in accordance with the state laws.
6. Other -The Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Colorado and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado. The Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of the Release which shall continue to be enforceable. By signing below, the Volunteer and, if applicable, the parent/guardian, has read, understood, and executed this Release as of the date associated with the signature below.