Fields marked with a * are required
- This placement contract is made, and hereby entered into, by you (down signed person) and between Colorado Canine Rescue, and the following person(s) for the purpose of setting forth the terms and conditions of placement of the following dog:
- The Adopter agrees that this dog will have access to indoors and outdoors. The Adopter agrees this dog will not exclusively be left alone in a backyard or kennel and will never be chained, tied out, or left in a crate for excessive periods of time.
- The Adopter agrees to have the dog spayed or neutered when of an appropriate age, if not already done. The Adopter agrees to provide preventative health care and any emergency medical treatment by a licensed veterinarian when this dog becomes injured or ill.
- The Adopter agrees to provide all of the necessary obedience training and behavior modification that the dog may need throughout its life.
- The Adopter agrees that this dog will wear a name tag at all times and will never be transported, secured or unsecured, in the open bed of a pickup truck.
- The Adopter represents that all family members have agreed to the adoption of the animal and that all family members will abide by the terms of this agreement.
- The Adopter further represents that he/she is eighteen years of age or older.
- The Adopter represents that he/she has never been subject to legal action for cruelty to animals or neglect of animals, or both. The Adopter further represents that he/she has never owned an animal which has been confiscated by any animal control or humane organization for violations of state or local animal control regulations or animal adoption agreements.
- The Adopter understands that CCR may reclaim the animal if, in its opinion, any of the above conditions are not being met. The Adopter understands that they will be liable for any fees and costs incurred by CCR arising out of the enforcement of this contract.
- If for any reason the Adopter is unable to provide care to the animal, the Adopter agrees to return the animal to Colorado Canine Rescue. The Adopter shall not offer the animal for sale or give the animal to any third party without the prior written consent of Colorado Canine Rescue.
- Once the Adopter has signed the Adoption Contract and the animal is in the Adopter's physical control, the Adopter is responsible for all Veterinarian expenses unless otherwise arranged with Colorado Canine Rescue prior to adoption.
The Adopter hereby declares that he/she is aware:
- That animals are different from human beings in their responses to human actions;
- That the actions of animals may be unpredictable;
- That an animal’s behavior may change after it leaves the shelter and accustoms itself to a home or other different environment;
- That the Colorado Canine Rescue makes no claims as to the temperament, health, or mental disposition of any animal put up for adoption.
- The Adopter acknowledges that he/she has received a copy of the Colorado Canine Rescue Animal Adoption Policy and understands and agrees to all policies.”
Please read the heart worm educational material provided in your adoption paperwork. Many of the dogs that come into our group come from areas where they could have been exposed to heart worm. Your dog has tested negative for heart worm and has been on monthly heart worm prevention medication while in our care. Due to the life cycle of the heart worm, there is a chance that your dog could test positive in six-seven months. It is highly recommended that you continue heart worm prevention and that you retest your dog for heart worms six to seven months after our initial testing date. Please consult your veterinarian if you have questions about the disease. CCR will not be responsible for any further testing or treatment of the disease should your dog test positive for heartworm.
GENERAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISKS, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
You, the adopter of the dog, and your estate, heirs, administrators, executors, and assigns, hereby release, forever discharge and hold harmless Colorado Canine Rescue, to include but not limited to owners, their heirs, employees, representatives, agents and volunteers (collectively called, the “RELEASEES”) from any and all liability and responsibility whatsoever, however caused, for any and all damages, claims, demands, or causes of action that you, your estate, heirs, administrators, executors, or assigns may have for any loss, illness, personal injury, death, or property damage arising out of, connected with, or in any manner pertaining to the RELEASEES’ presence in, on, or upon the property whether caused by negligence of the RELEASEES, accident, deliberate act, omissions, or otherwise.
You, the adopter of the dog, understand and acknowledge the fact that canines can be unpredictable and CCR is not responsible if injury should occur to you, any members of your family, or any third parties resulting from the canines fostered or adopted through the CCR program.
In signing this agreement, you, the adopter of the dog, acknowledge and represent that you have read and understand this agreement; that you sign this agreement voluntarily; no oral representations, statements, or inducements have been made; you are at least eighteen years of age and fully competent; you understand that you are giving up substantial rights by signing this agreement; and you voluntarily agree to be bound by this agreement.
*Please make sure your email address, phone number, and address are entered correctly and in their entirety, so that any paperwork and future communication is successfully delivered. Thank You!