CCR Foster Program
Our program is dependent on the volunteers who foster our dogs. The amount of dogs we take in is directly related to how many foster homes we have available.
Our foster homes are responsible for providing the basic needs of each dog. CCR pays for all medical expenses and will try to provide for as many other needs that the foster home would like (food, toys, dog beds).
Becoming a foster family is a big responsibility. Most people share similar concerns:
·If you fall in love with your foster pup, you do have the option to adopt him or her.
·The length of time that you will be fostering varies with each animal. It can be as quick as 2 weeks or take 3-4 months. We ask that you commit for each animal.
·We understand that each family and dog have different needs or abilities. We try to match the dog that you will be fostering with your needs and lifestyle.
If you’re interested in becoming a foster home, please review our foster policy and complete our foster application. Once submitted, we will contact you for a short interview and to schedule your home visit.
Foster Program and Procedures:
Colorado Canine Rescue’s (CCR) mission is to reduce the amount of dogs euthanized in shelters by rescuing, fostering, and placing them in permanent, loving homes. Our foster homes are vital to this process.
Please review the policy and contract and complete the foster application. Please contact us with any questions. We look forward to working with you!
* The fostering party must be over 18 years of age.
* The fostered dogs must have access to indoors and outdoors as appropriate. Occasional kenneling is permitted.
* The fostering party will provide for the basic needs of the fostered dogs, including food, water, shelter, grooming, and necessary home medical care.
* The fostering party will provide training and socialization to the fostered dogs.
* If the fostering family is renting their home, they must have written consent from the landlord and provide a contact number.
* All fostered dogs must have a collar and ID tag on at all times.
* If supplies or dog food are donated to CCR they will be made available to the Foster party, otherwise the foster family must provide them.
* CCR will provide money for the medical treatment of the rescued dogs.
* The fostering party may adopt the rescued dog following the standard adoption policy.